- For: Adults over the age of 18 with experience of domestic abuse.
- Referral Criteria: You can self-refer or be referred by a Professional for the Helping Hands Service in Merton and Croydon. Contact us below to refer (For Sutton residents please contact Transform Sutton who will triage cases to Jigsaw4u).
Bespoke one-to-one practical and emotional support for adults affected by domestic abuse. The service has an evolving peer-support network to help reduce isolation for both parents and children. Our team is made up of a diverse range of individuals who speak a wide range of languages and have diverse cultural backgrounds.
Jigsaw4u’s Helping Hands Service-Area
Operates across Merton, Sutton and Croydon
Quotes from our families and volunteers
“Thank you so much for matching me with my volunteer. She has become a part of our life. When I felt lonely, she made my week. I looked forward to our meetings.
She listened to everything I had to say, with no judgement and she gave advice when I needed it. She was a true person who helped me through a really tough time.”From an adult being supported by Helping Hands
“Helping Hands provides vital positive support for their service-users.
The high standard training allows volunteers to place themselves in a service-user’s shoes.
I’ve learnt that sometimes all my service-user needed was to be listened to and to feel supported.”From a Helping Hands volunteer
“Thank you so much for the time you took to talk to me and listen to my worries. You have made such a difference to how I now view the future.”From an adult being supported by Helping Hands
“This time a few years ago, I was feeling numb, worthless and feeling like I was a failure as a mother. I was apprehensive about accepting support from Jigsaw4u but I am so pleased I have. It’s changed our lives for the better.
I honestly don't know where we would be today without Jigsaw4u and the huge amount of support you all continue to give today. You’re very much loved by us.”From an adult being supported by Helping Hands
One of the stories from our Helping Hands service-users
Contact us about receiving support in Merton or Croydon
Get help now!
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Samaritans: 116 123
- South London Rape Crisis: 0808 802 9999
- Child Sexual Exploitation Helpline: 116 000
- Talk to Frank – Drug and Alcohol advice): 0300 123 6600
- PAPYRUS – Prevention of Young Suicide: Phone – 0800 68 4141 & Text: 07786 209697
- Merton MASH: 020 8545 4226
- Sutton Children’s First Contact Service (CFCS): 020 8770 6001
- Croydon Single Point of Contact (SPOC): 0208 255 2888
Out of hours: 0208 726 6400
- Wandsworth MASH and WSCP: 020 8871 6622
- Richmond and Kingston Single Point of Access (SPA): 020 8547 5008
- NHS Urgent Mental Health Support – 24/7 Crisis Lines: Merton, Sutton, Kingston, Richmond and Wandsworth: 0800 028 8000
- Croydon: 0800 731 2864
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Join our Helping Hands Volunteer team
Learn more about volunteering with Jigsaw4u on the volunteering page.
Contact us if you would like to become a Helping Hands Volunteer
Activities4u: Fun trips and events for our children, young people and families
Providing positive activities throughout the academic year and school holidays, especially for our service-users which can include one-off and regular events like sports coaching, computing, art and drama workshops, seaside trips, theme-park visits, pantomimes, football matches and much more.
Jigsaw4u’s Community Events
These are larger events that bring together the local community with fun events that includes entertainment, music, interactive activities and more for people of all ages.
All Our Services
‘Try Something New’ London Youth Award Winners, 2023
We are London Youth Gold and KFH Volunteers painting day
Get the latest updates from Jigsaw4u
Stay posted about the latest news, fundraising and special activities that we have coming up.